The Business Analytics and Database Marketing Intern will be interning in our offices here in Charlotte, NC. The primary responsibility of this intern will be to assist the Business Intelligence department’s needs with business analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with statistical research and examination
- Algorithm testing
- Assist with creating analysis on business metrics
- Assist with data cleansing and preparation
- Data entry
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Due to the high complexity of the work we will give this intern, this person must have advanced knowledge of Excel functions such as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, IF, macros, etc.
- If you describe yourself as an “Excel Wizard“ we would like to chat with you.
- The ideal candidate will be extremely detailed and organized.
- Candidates should be organized, professional, mature, self-starting and committed to the sports industry.
Education and/or Experience
- Must receive college credit.
- Experience working on a database append/cleanup project for a company or organization is beneficial.
- Experience working on a statistical project and/or modeling for a sports team is beneficial.
- Experience with R or Python.
- Experience with computer programming preferred.
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage their own individual projects
- Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and the company as a whole
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Presents self in professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work extended hours (on-site) including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Ability to attend company events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.