This position is responsible for all providing maintenance and housekeeping responsibility both inside and outside of the practice facility. The eligible candidate will service a diverse group of important employees and contracted partners, ranging from player relations to general positions serving housekeeping and maintenance or security related duties. Independent judgment is required to manage a diverse workload of responsibilities in an effective and quality manner. A successful candidate will have the ability to manage work responsibilities and interactions with staff and a diverse group in a positive and service minded manner.
This position will also be responsible for providing support to the Practice Facility Supervisor. The eligible candidate will carry a multitude of qualifications, including but not limited to: general and specific housekeeping duties, basic electrical knowledge, general building maintenance and repair, including but not limited to: painting, sheetrock repair, door repair, pest removal, laundry care and landscaping. This candidate also must have the ability to monitor security and fire alarm systems and be able to react with the appropriate sense of urgency to resolve the situation.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self development.
- Execute housekeeping and maintenance duties. Assist in a team effort to complete duties which support events, day-to-day operations and facilities readiness conditions.
- Consistently identify opportunities for facility readiness condition improvements. Prioritize, track, and maintain work progress through our online maintenance systems and tools provided. Take initiative to communicate and correct facility issues that may arise.
- Correspond and communicate both written and oral directions in a professional and detailed manner. This includes the requirement that directions, knowledge, assignments, deadlines and/or expectations are communicated and follow-up is provided to ensure satisfactory performance completion.
- Consistently and appropriately problem solve, indentify, diagnose and resolve maintenance housekeeping and safety issues. Act as quality control and assurance for building and facility readiness needs.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with staff, visitors and contracted partners
- Regulate and control access to secure areas. Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside and outside the Practice Facility and grounds.
- 1-2 Years basic housekeeping experience and skills.
- 1-2 Years building maintenance experience and skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other computer applications required.
- Able to lift and carry items over 50lbs.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
- High level interpersonal skills. Able to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information.
- Strong customer service skills required. Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to work independently and complete multiple tasks.
- Able to work flexible hours including overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to work with little supervision and accomplish tasks that consistently meet or exceed expectations.
- The ability to remain alert, awake, stand, walk or sit during a 8-12 hour shift.
- 1-2 Years basic electrical experience.
- 1-2 Years basic plumbing and/or HVAC experience.
- Some security and fire safety system knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Aware Manager systems.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.